Thursday, April 3, 2008

Cloudbreaks

Life has continued on since last Tuesday (no surprise there) and brightened considerably in the process. I really believe it's honest to say that the darkness of this semester has been washed away by the light of God...and what a welcome joy it is to regain this sweet fellowship with Him!

I recently obtained a CD titled Rush of Fools from the band of the same name. It is amazing. The entire album is incredibly uplifting and just seems to speak perfectly to where I have been this semester. How great is our God that He would bring this album to speak to me and use it to help turn me back to Him! One song in particular really ministers to me....I almost broke down the first time I heard it because it was so EXACTLY where I have been this semester. It's called "Your Love" and the chorus goes:

Come like the day, come chase away this darkness.
I've been living here so long and I give up.
Come wash away everything I've built between us
And I will sing unending songs of Your love.

I heard that song, how beautiful it was and how perfectly the lyrics fit me, and I just thought "WOW." God is amazing!

As far as my knee goes, the news there isn't good. According to the MRI, I have an ACL tear, two meniscus tears, and bone bruising. So I pretty much need to have surgery. I hope to have that done as soon as I get home, but I need to try to schedule it ASAP...it's not emergency surgery, so they may book it out some time in advance. Recovery time isn't real great....6 months for full mobility. However, I should be able to at least walk on it after about three weeks, so it shouldn't (theoretically) hinder my work performance. That's why I want to get it done when I go home....it'll be bracketed by my internships and I shouldn't have to miss any time.

You know, even though that's definitely not good news, it actually was good news to me. Why? Because it was one of the things that forced me back to God. It made me realize my own weakness and drove me to the One whose strength is made perfect in my weakness. I needed that. I think that's one reason why this semester has been so dark up to this point...I was cruising along so easily that I forgot about my weaknesses and how much I need God every single day! So even though a messed-up knee definitely isn't a good thing, I thank God for it. =)

This morning was such a picture of how God has retaken the throne of my life. I was just getting ready to pull out of the Starbucks parking lot and sipping my coffee when I looked up at the sky. It was mostly cloudy today, but there were large cloudbreaks near the sun and the light was pouring through in golden shafts. I love it when that happens...it makes me think of what God's grace would look like if we could see it. That Rush of Fools album was playing at the time, and right when I saw the cloudbreaks, the lyrics playing were "...and know that I am God." I just started laughing...what an amazing God we serve!!

No comments: